Saturday, April 23, 2011

Summer

I know that I have been away for a while, but now I should be posting regularly.  The spring semester has ended, finals week has drawn to a close, and summer has begun!  Well, I get a week of summer freedom before the summer semester starts, but hopefully it won't be as stressful as the regular school year.  I should have more time to explore parks and update the blog.

Concerning my running- I am starting to feel like a runner again.  About a week ago I ran 7 miles on the treadmill (so happy!), but I felt quite sick, to the point of using the gym mirrors to scout out a trashcan while running.  I didn't sleep, eat, or drink much for a few days, so fitness took a backseat to my health.  I also had final exams, papers, and paintings to tend to.  I am feeling much better now, and if my running continues to go well, I will attempt my first road run within the next few days! 

These are the paintings that I made in my Painting I class that were inspired by my Cross Creek and the work of Lilian Garcia-Roig:

First painting that I made in this style and this size (36x48 in)


Painting two (36x48 inches)

Study of trees (still wet- 18x24)

Instead of waking up at 5:30 or 6 to run in the woods, I would wake up just as early to paint the woods!  Painting I was the perfect class to take this semester when I was dealing with my injury.  The paintings above proved to be quite therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment