Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stretching, stretching, stretching, abs

I was really pleased with the people who work at the orthopedic office where I am receiving physical therapy.  All seemed very knowledgeable, understanding, and just easy to talk with.  I was unsure of how it would be, since all of the therapy I have received in the past was from the athletic trainers at my school who knew me and my history very well.

The majority of my therapy is stretching, for now.  I am so happy to have the 'ok' on stretching, since I was told to put it on hold by my doctor about a month ago.  The good news is that I didn't lose much flexibility, and now I can work on it even more.   I am also able to do some very simple ab workouts (no leg lifts and other movements that would strain my pelvis).  My goal is to strengthen the region around the pubic symphysis and start to gain some stability.

I am going to continue my therapy on my own for about three weeks and then I will check in with my orthopedic and physical therapist.  I'm glad that I am able to start doing something.

Honestly, it just feels good to put on running clothes again.



No comments:

Post a Comment