Sunday, May 8, 2011

Seasons

Okay, summer classes have proved to be just as time consuming as ones taken during the fall or spring semesters.  Instead of becoming busy just before midterms, it starts week one.  Fifteen weeks crammed into seven, here we go!  I am taking Printmaking and a 3D design class, in case you were interested.

When I do get the chance to relax, I read.  As of this afternoon, I am two seasons and half way in to Jeff Klinkenberg's Seasons of Real Florida.  Wow.  What a fantastic story teller.  That's all I'm saying concerning content until I finish and write up a real review.




I feel like I have become good friends with Jeff fromreading his essays, after all, he is a fellow Floridian and runner.  Yes, in an essay about Florida caves, he mentions that he bikes, swims, and runs.  I knew that I liked this guy!  I am excited to read into the remaining seasons, but I know that I will be sad to turn the last page.  Good thing Jeff Klinkenberg has recently published another book in the same style: Pilgrim in the Land of Alligators: More Stories about Real Florida.  I can guarantee you I will have read it by the end of summer and longing for more.

Here is a link to Jeff Klinkenberg's website.


I will let you know when I finish Seasons.  Be looking for a review in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment